Saturday, October 18, 2008

The night out with Nate

If you are anything like Nate and I, you know that nights out together are few in number. However last night we were able to go out without the kids. As much as we love our girls sometimes you need an evening alone.
This date however was not one of your typical dates, it was much better. We did go out to dinner at Johnny Carinos (one of our favorites). Then while at dinner we were trying to decide what to do next. I suggested mini golf, bowling, a movie, and shopping. Nothing sounded good. So Nate suggests going to Lowes, I kind of laugh thinking that he is joking. Then thought that that would be great.
Anytime we have to run to Lowes the kids are with us or Nate goes alone. What a treat! It really was fun. We spent about 2 1/2 hours just planning our basement. Which is under contruction at the moment. We looked at tile for the bathroom, slate for the fireplace, a mantle, blindes, a toilet, and vanity with absolutely no rush. And it got me thinking we should do this more often. We spent the entire time talking about our individual likes and dislikes for colors, and design, everything under the sun, without interuptions from the kids.
If we had gone to the movie of course you can't talk or else that is considered rude and disruptive. I don't think at anytime during the evening we were not talking about this or that. Then after we closed the store we still went home and spent the next hour and a half still talking about everything for our new addition. Measuring furniture and planning our future. What a wonderful night out with Nate.

4 comments:

Tamara Terrill said...

Good for you! I love those rare occasions too! We love the kids, but I have to remind myself that our marriage needs attention too! Sounds like perfect evening to me-

Amy said...

Yay for a night out. But I can't waitto see all that you picked out for the basement.

Angie said...

Paul and I love to go to Homedepot when we have a night out! It is the best to be able to walk around and look without the kids! I love my kids, but you get so much more done at places like that it they are not there:)

Shari said...

Sometimes we go grocery shopping on our dates. It's fun to do anything together with out kids sometimes.