Thursday, April 9, 2009

I did it!

Well this morning started out as the last three had up around 2:30-3 in the morning after hearing one of my kids in their sleep making noise. I have a real problem with this, and I don't know how to just go back to sleep. As I lay there in bed thinking about EVERYTHING. I start thinking maybe I should just get out of bed and go running. The alarm was set for 6am to get up this morning already, so I decided to turn off the alarm around 5:20 and start getting ready. I walked outside and it was raining, not very hard though just a sprinkle. The temperature outside was actually nice, knowing that I was going to work up a sweat anyway the cool air felt great!
Off I go! After I ran my first 4 miles I felt great, and decide to go another 4. Now I have run 8 miles and still I felt great. With the music on my ipod pushing me on I start into my 9th mile. Again thinking maybe I should head home because it is starting to rain harder. I keep going 10 miles yea! This time my left hip starts hurting a little so I slow it down just a bit to compensate, the pain lessens and I keep going. Now heading into my eleventh mile the pain in my hip starts up again after jumping over a deep water puddle. However there is no turning back now I have one more mile to go to get home so I could either walk or push through it. I was determined to push through it and maybe take some ibueprophen when I get home. I did it! TWELVE MILES!!!. 800 miligrams of drugs and 4 hours later I feel great!

4 comments:

Amy said...

good job amazing lady!
medicine is great!

ducknme said...

Good for you! Twelve miles! Wow!

Angie said...

You are AMAZING, that is great, way to go!!!

Jamie said...

great job!!! You look great too!