For conference weekend we headed down to Manti for our first camping adventure of the season. I will admit I was not too thrilled to go camping, because of the weather. Thankfully we had full hook-ups and a killer time. While it was raining and snowing outside we found some activities that keept the kids entertained. They even got to express their natural born talents. Here is Mikaela singing her heart out, while Conner, my nephew played the drums with Guitar Hero World Tour


Here is Lydia taking her turn on the drums. She really did a great job. Maybe this is a sign that I should get some music lessons going.

Mikaela trying out her talents on the drums. She really looks like she is enjoying herself.

This is my nephew Ammon working the guitar.

Lydia and Kendyl singing "Beat It" by Michael Jackson. Of course they have no idea who Michael Jackson is.
This would be me trying to sing a song that I did not know and could not see the words to very clearly. It was still fun! That is my other nephew Matt and my niece Kelsey helping Mikaela play the guitar. Notice Nate in the very back of our trailer. He did not JAM with us once. Boy did he miss out.

This is our Duck we named Drake. He may possibly be the exact same duck that Nate caught last year while camping in the exact same place. Still not too smart. The kids loved chasing him all morning. He just kept coming back for more.


Kendyl running to tell me she found a DUCK DUCK DUCK!

On our way out Sunday afternoon we stopped by the Manti Temple for a few pictures, but there was no where to park. This picture was taken while driving in the truck.
Conference weekend was wonderful. The messages that we given by our leaders were inspiring. I especially loved Pres. Uchdorf's message about life not being a race of speed, but a race of endurance. You need to do your best everyday. Striving to be better everyday, and never giving up. Build up the endurance that will power you through the entire race and not just sprint your way through life. Definately words to live by.
4 comments:
Looks like a ton of fun! I can't believe Kendyl is 2!! We love you and miss your family tons! Hopefully well see you soon.
I love it! You guys look like you had a blast! Guitar Hero rocks! We love playing it at our house, and it is so much fun to see the kids having fun and learning at the same time!
We will have to get together for an evening of guitars and drums...oh, and a little Mary Kay too!
Mel-
Love the cute new title. very creative. Looks like this was a fun trip too.
I had fun at your MK party Thursday.
Amy
I'm so glad you have that camper! I was worried about you camping that weekend! Brrr!
It looks like it all worked out great, though! Beautiful pic of the Manti temple.
Post a Comment