So for any of you who have had one of those stomache bugs that work their way through the family you will know exactly what I am about to share.
The GOOD is that Kendyl finally slept through the night for the first time in 4 days. Instead for the past 3 nights she has been sleeping in our bed on my tummy. All you moms have been there. Some of you have even shared with me and now I truely feel your pain.
The BADis we have all had it now, or are in the middle of it for that matter.
The ICKY is that last night while Kendyl was having a blissful slumber we hear wimpering outside our door. The sound completely wakes me from the dead, which after 4 nights of no sleep I thought would be impossible. So I crawl out of bed to find Mikaela curled in a ball and crying that her tummy hurts. Oh no not again. Now for those of you who don't know Mikaela has this ability to never get sick even when those around her are ill. She seems to have a very strong immune system. So we thought with it now being the 3rd day and everyone else in the house past the worst with the bug, she was spared. Unfortunately it finally caught up with her. The poor girl has never even thrown-up since she was just barely one and that was more gagging on a big mouthful of food. She had no idea what to expect and was terrified. Especially since she had now just seen her little sister and mom spill it all. Mikaela held it in for 3 hours. I didn't even think that was possible. Nate and I tried everything to comfort, and prepare her for something that is so uncontrollable. Finally I think she knew the time to explode was drawing near, she asked if I would say a prayer for her so that Jesus would comfort her. Within 2 minutes of the amen, the "flood gates" opened. She jumped up with no warning and I knew it was time. Thank goodness for my alertness, otherwise our familyroom carpet Nate just shampooed would have been sacrificed.
Mikaela had to stayed home from school today which has been the hardest part. She loves school, but knew that it was important to not share this terrible bug with any of her friends. Things are looking up though, no one has thrown-up yet this morning so keep you finger crossed for us.
By the way I didn't take any picture of this experience. You can thank me later.
5 comments:
I'm so sorry! Get better!
Hopefully you are through the worst now. I love that you put that family pic at the top of your blog!
Feel better.
That is yucky, I am sorry! I hope everyone getting better now! I guess better now than on Christmas:)
How awful! I'm so sorry you guys have all had to have that sort of illness.
So glad we found your blog. We are all sick too and just praying we can get over it before Christmas!
Post a Comment