On Fridays the school kids get out early. So today I wanted to do something outside because the weather has been so amazing. I just had to take advantage of the cooler weather. So right after school we set off on our bikes for a grand adventure. We only made it 3 miles eventhough the temperatures are cooler riding our bikes was tough work. However after dinner we set out again with the goal of 5 miles. Maybe I was shooting for the moon, but the girls agreed that they would give it their best effort. Everything was going great until on our way home about a mile and half away Lydia starts in with the moaning how much longer my feet are tired. My favorite, my muscles ache (wow where did she get that from?). Next she starting to say that her bike wasn't working right. I just kept telling her that we were almost there and to keep up the good work. Lydia I know you can do it you're tough. So she continued to plug along like the trooper she is. Finally we arrived home tired and just before dark thank goodness. When I was putting the bikes under the trailer for the night I noticed something funny about Lydia's bike the tire was completely flat, sometime during our journey she had run over some glass that had popped her tire. I couldn't beleve it she had rode that bike with a flat tire for who knows how long and I kept telling her to keep going. I told her about the flat tire and she said, Mom, I rode my bike with a flat tire? Yes, Lydia you did. Mom, can we buy a new one tomorrow? Sure Lydia. Good because I think with a new tire I can go even farther! Way to go LYDIA. What a trooper.
3 comments:
Wow, she is a tough girl! I couldn't ride down the driveway with a flat tire:)
Hi I found you! I love your blog! You are quite a lucky lady to have the 3 wonderful girls that you do. I loved watching Kendyl blow you kisses. Melted my heart that is for sure! Thank you for being my friend.
Tough like her Momma!
Way to go, Lydia!
Post a Comment