Sunday, August 31, 2008

Funny things my kids say!


The other evening we were eating chicken with zuchini and squash. Lydia was all finished eating her vegies and noticed that Mikaela still had some on her plate. Lydia then stabs a zuchini with her fork and puts it in her mouth. Mikaela then notices that something isn't quite right and asks who took one of her zuchinis. Lydia says nothing looking a little guilty. Mikaela catches on and says "Lydia you ate one of my zuchini!" Lydia then replies, "It didn't have your name on it."





Last month while I was having sugery the girls went to stay with their grandma and grandpa. Lydia was being her usually smart self one day and grandpa tells her that she needs to clean her toys up. Lydia then turns to her grandpa and says matter-of-fact. "You are not the boss of me grandpa."




Just recently our family took a nice long vacation to Flaming Gorge(well longer than a weekend). We had a blast. On our way up the girls were actually quite content reading and coloring in their coloring books. While entering into Wyoming Mikaela turns to Lydia and tells her she can't just start a coloring page and not finish it. Lydia than says that she can do anything she wants as long as mommy doesn't get mad.




Sometimes my kids say the funniest things and do the funniest things it just makes me laugh.




A couple of months ago we were having Family Night nothing was really planned so since it was a short lesson(out of the Friend) we took the rest of the time to sing, Which my girls love to do. We were singing the song "I'm Trying To Be Like Jesus" Mikaela and Lydia were being very silly and trying to act out the song. As we came to the part where you sing, "At times I am tempted to make the wrong choice." Without any warning at all Mikaela throws Lydia to the floor, and shrugs her shoulders like oops wrong choice. We were all laughing so hard that we couldn't even finish the song. Or any others for that matter. What a perfect end.










3 comments:

Shari said...

Well, Look at you! And you said you had no idea how to do a blog! I think it looks great!
Shari

Jenny M said...

That is so cute. I'll have to remember the "name on it" one if I ever want to steal something off Jared's plate. Thanks, Lydia!

Angie said...

Ok, so I am a blog stalker, I saw you blog on Shari's. Very cute, it looks so good!