Thursday, November 6, 2008

California Fun

Here are a few shots of Huntington Beach. The girls had never been to the ocean so this was important to me that we go. Mikaela and Lydia really loved the beach. Kendyl was not so sure of anything. She wouldn't even go near the water or wet sand. I'm sure she was just a little confused. Plus it was a bit windy, but that didn't stop the other two.





I thought that the water was going to be colder than it was, but it was actually quite nice for November.




Here is a lovely picture of our Hot Black Charger. We really had a good time cruising Harbor Blvd. in our Dodge Charger. Nate would tease the girls and tell them that he was going to race the car next to us. Mikaela was too smart for that. She told him if he is speeding he would get a ticket.

Our family vacation to California and Disneyland was a lot of fun. We all really enjoyed ourselves. When we asked Mikaela and Lydia what their favorite part was they each told us meeting the Princesses. Mikaela's favorite ride was Indiana Jones. Which by the way she was very nervous right from the begining. The ride operator asked her right up to the time we loaded if she was going to be okay. She was brave and stuck it out and loved it. I think she is a bit of a thrill seeker like her mom.
Lydia on the other hand enjoyed most rides. But only once she said that was enough. Her favorites were Soaring Over California and Star Tours.
Kendyl enjoyed most of her adventures. The rides were so unfamiliar to her that she woud wimper for a minute and then I or Nate would whisper in her ear that the ride was over and she would clap her hands and scream, happily we think. If she could communicate better I think she would tell us she loved the fireworks and parade the best. She was literally dancing in the streets. It was quite enjoyable to watch.

3 comments:

Jaqui said...

We loved the beach... even with the sand in the potato chip bag!

Shannon said...

Lydia told us about both of her favorites during preschool. When I asked her if she wanted to share anything about her trip she couldn't wait to get out that she had seen all the princesses and her favorite ride was Star Tours. So cute! You could tell she had the best trip ever.

Tamara Terrill said...

Sounds like so much fun! I think we are the only house in the neighborhood that didn't go! Glad you are home safe and sound -